ABN Tech Week trains engineers on the most important issues in building highly scalable software systems. The topic for today is: Reverse proxy vs. API gateway vs. load balancer
As modern websites and applications are like busy beehives, we use a variety of tools to manage the buzz. Here we’ll explore three superheroes: Reverse Proxy, API Gateway, and Load Balancer.
🔹Reverse Proxy: change identity
– Fetching data secretly, keeping servers hidden.
– Perfect for shielding sensitive websites from cyber-attacks and prying eyes.
🔹API Gateway: postman
– Delivers requests to the right services.
– Ideal for bustling applications with numerous intercommunicating services.
🔹Load Balancer: traffic cop
– Directs traffic evenly across servers, preventing bottlenecks
– Essential for popular websites with heavy traffic and high demand.
In a nutshell, choose a Reverse Proxy for stealth, an API Gateway for organized communications, and a Load Balancer for traffic control. Sometimes, it’s wise to have all three – they make a super team that keeps your digital kingdom safe and efficient.
About ABN Asia: ABN Asia was founded by people with deep roots in academia, with work experience in the US, Holland, Hungary, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Vietnam. ABN Asia is where academy and technology meet opportunity. We’re the software maker with academy origins that’s shaking up the SME game in Asia. With our cutting-edge solutions and competent software development services, we’re helping small and medium-sized businesses level up and take on the big players.AbnAsia.org Software. Faster. Better. More Reliable. +84945924877 (Asia# Mobile, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Zalo); +16699996606 (US# Mobile, WhatsApp, Telegram) [email protected]