Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence platform
Pentaho BI suite is an Open Source Business Intelligence (OSBI) product which provides a full range of business intelligence solutions to the customers. It has a capability of reporting, data analysis, dashboards, data integration (ETL).
Once the Pentaho platform is fully implemented, the business gets access to a variety of information, including sales analysis, customers and products profitability, HR reporting, finance analysis and reporting and a complex information delivery to the top management.
Pentaho BI Suite is a platform that has a wide range of functionality:
- Reporting – can satisfy a wide range of business reporting needs. Pentaho reporting provides both scheduled and on-demand report publishing in popular formats such as PDF, XLS, HTML and text. Pentaho Reporting is based on the JFreeReport project.
- Analysis – provides extensive analysis capabilities that includes a pivot table viewes (JPivot), advanced graphical displays (using SVG or Flash), integrated dashboard widgets, data mining, portal and workflow integration. Additionally, Pentaho Spreadsheet Services allows users to browse, drill, pivot and chart from within Microsoft Excel. Analysis Services are based on Mondrian OLAP (Open Source OLAP Server).
- Dashboards – all components including Reporting and Analysis can contribute content to Pentaho dashboards. It provides re-usable display widgets (like gauges, dials, charts) which can be embedded into applications, JSPs, or within JSR-168 compliant portals.
- Data Mining – incorporates Weka, a collection of machine learning algorithms applied to data mining tasks. These algorithms are combined with OLAP technologies to provide intelligent data analysis to end users. Data mining tools can analyze historical data to create predictive models and then distribute this information using Pentaho Reporting and Analysis.
- Data Integration is realized by an ETL tool called Kettle or Spoon, which was aquired by Pentaho. The tool provides graphical user interface for the job design and high scalability and flexibility for the data processing.
- 1. Mondrian installation – Basic Mondrian OLAP Server installation instructions
- 2. Mondrian with Oracle – A guide on how to load a sample Pentaho application into the Oracle database
- 3. Define cube with Pentaho Cube Designer – The course illustrates how to create a Mondrian Cube Schema definition file using Pentaho Cube Designer graphical interface
- 4. JPivot web crosstab – The lesson contains basic information about JPivot crosstabs and a detailed, step by step instruction on how to create a simple pivot table with drill-down capabilities accessible from the web
- 5. JPivot Navigator – Enhance a JPivot OLAP crosstab by adding slice and dice capabilities using JPivot Navigator
- 6. JPivot MDX Query editor – Installation and use of the MDX Editor JPivot component which allows real-time crosstab editing from MDX code level
- 7. Kettle Spoon ETL – Example of an ETL transformation in Spoon
- 8. Kettle Pan – A guide on how to run Spoon transformations in Kettle Pan
- Pentaho Data Integration – overview of the market leading open source etl tool
- Surrogate key generation in PDI – shows how to generate data warehouse surrogate keys in Pentaho Data Integration
- Data masking in Kettle Spoon
- Data allocation example in PDI
- Pentaho Reporting overview – reporting overview and a list of applications used for delivering reports in Pentaho
- Pentaho Reporting Features – strengths and weaknesses of Pentaho reporting and a comparison of pentaho reporting tools to other reporting solutions
- Reporting uses – typical uses of Pentaho reporting and types of reports available in Pentaho Open Source BI
AbnAsia.org Software. Faster. Better. Reliable. +1-669-999-6606 +84-945-924-877 firstname.lastname@example.org